What goes wrong when nations fail their heroes?
Was it the blind command?
What of their noble cause?
What of the blood they shared?
Today the world owes all those who died for freedom a debt.
Exorbitant in its price, rivaled by our inability to pay.
We too easily forget that something worth dying for,
Must certainly be worth living for.
And beyond the mortal world of prophets and lies;
Truth breeds wisdom that can not be ignored.
Will you and I die with the cost un-repaid?
Or can we live with our hearts full of sharing of those who went before?
– D. Iliff
You have all heard, seen, and been put to sleep by this phenom. To keep your audience’s interest try this:
- Before Writing Anything, Focus On “What’s In It For Them”
- Set Expectations – Open With An Overview Of Your Presentation
- Limit Key Messages to Three
- Don’t Speak Jargon and DON’T READ YOUR SLIDES!
- End With A Clear Call To Action – What’s In It For Them
Samantha White’s Death By PowerPoint